Outdoor Tree Top Trails.
We’re looking for Instructor to look after our customers in the great outdoors, at our Treetop Trials site and in the woods as they take on their Treetop Trials challenge – you’ll be fitting harnesses, delivering safety briefs and training, out and about assisting with local marketing and much more besides
You’ll understand that we stick to our Health and Safety rules, so if you’re thinking of applying, you’ll need to be over 18 so you are able to supervise all age groups.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Welcome customers and prepare them to take part in their activity
• Assist in successfully delivering the adventure, ensuring a great customer experience, caring for equipment, managing facilities, Health and Safety, and a bit of administration
• Ensure customers’ complete relevant paperwork and comply with company rules and policy
• Fit, remove and inspect harnesses and protective equipment
• Demonstrate and ensure the safe system of activities at all times
• Instruct and brief customers on safety procedures and the safe way of experiencing activities – evaluate participant competence to continue beyond the briefing stage
• Monitor every participant individually at the briefing stage and at each site
• Patrol the course; ensure all participants are safely conducting themselves and assist participants where necessary, carry out emergency drills in accordance with company directives and training, and ensure all landing sites are maintained to the correct standard
• Help with local marketing as required by the Site Manager/ Deputy Manager
• Do everything within reason to minimise customer complaints and maximise satisfaction
• Apply first aid when necessary, appropriate to your skill level
• Report and record accidents and incidents
• Carry out course checks and record/report findings
• Assist with risk assessments and method statements where required
• Assist with customer enquiries and bookings
• Carry out course maintenance checks
• Keep up to date with the First Sight File
• Read and comply with the company handbook
• Safety conscious, with a professional outlook
• Able to work under own initiative without supervision
• A ‘customer comes first’ attitude with drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer WOW!
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• High standard of personal hygiene and appearance
• Enthusiastic team player who is able to work with other colleagues in a dynamic working environment
• High energy levels with a cheerful disposition, even when under pressure
• Must like working outdoors and have a good head for heights
• Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail and ability to diligently follow procedures
• Own your on transport (some of our sites are remote without public transport links)
• Basic First Aid Certificate (you’ll need to have this before you start)
• Able to perform all physical duties (with reasonable adjustments where required)
• First-hand experience of High-wire courses
• Previous instructional experience
• Live within 1 hours commute of estatet
• Coaching or training experience
• Marketing and sales experience
• Health & Safety experience
• Climbing / high ropes experience
• Practical DIY & maintenance skills
• Previous contact with corporate clients or school groups
• Computer literate
Salary Range £8.50 – £10 per hours depending on experience.
2.The Activity Manager’s role
is to successfully run the site by completing many of the duties associated with the day-to-day leadership and management of staff and health and safety. This involves all aspects of site, facilities, customer-care, administration and local marketing.
The Activity Manager is a key member of the site’s management structure and therefore the successful candidate will have evidence of potential or have proven experience of effective team leadership and management, staff training and the ability to work under their own initiative as well as the desire to take ownership of essential functions within a busy activity centre.
This is a challenging and rewarding role and requires the ability to prioritise tasks and strong leadership and communication skills. Good organisational skills and a keen eye for detail as well as a positive attitude and willing and friendly disposition will assist you to succeed in this role.
The Activity Manager will have a very active, leading role in the day to day management/operation of the site. This is a responsible and challenging role with scope for further development and progression.
Health and Safety
Operate the site in accordance with all Company Procedures to include but not limited to:
• Delivering or overseeing the training of all staff in company policies and procedures so as to reduce the necessity for re-training.
• Keeping risk assessments up to date – monitoring effectiveness of control measures and level of risk.
• Keeping records of all site checks and actioning and prioritising work as required in a timely manner – managing all action points to ensure successful completion.
• Maintaining PPE and safety equipment in good order and recording same and taking action as required.
• Maintaining site infrastructure in excellent serviceable order including the cabin/cafe.
• Ensuring all participants complete a Risk Acknowledgement Form.
• Ensuring all paperwork is completed appropriately and then filed in date order and archived appropriately.
• Ensuring safety briefs, assessments, rescues and practices are done in line with Company procedures and policy.
• Assisting or completing the investigation, analysis and reporting of incidents and accidents in a timely and thorough manner.
Recruit, train, manage and lead an effective site team by:
• Recruiting a staff team to meet sites operational requirements and reflect company values.
• Creating staff rotas to meet staffing plans, keeping and submitting accurate records of hours worked, holidays and absence.
• Conducting effective induction meetings to welcome new staff
• Probation reviews – identifying talent and any underperformance. Helping to construct and deliver development plans for individuals.
• Act as mentor and coach to the team, feeding back to or escalating to the Estate Manager with recommendations for action where appropriate.
• Managing performance, and where necessary escalating this to the Estate Manager.
• Leading or assisting in any disciplinary procedures that may be necessary.
• Conducting effective regular team meetings to ensure the whole team is aware of developments and business news as required.
• Completing exit interviews and collecting feedback in order to continually improve systems and processes at site.
Customer Experience & Safety
Lead the site team and ensure the highest standard of customer service and safety:
• Maximising customer satisfaction and experience
• Customer enquiries & bookings
• Customer welcome and departure and preparation for site activities
• Ensuring all participants meet all operational requirements and are fully prepared to take part in activities.
• Minimising and investigating customer complaints, swiftly resolving any issues in line with policy and ensure the best outcome possible is achieved for company and the customer.
Marketing and Finance
Assume a key role in operating a successful site:
• Meeting sales and cost targets as agreed by the Directors
• Following all financial policies and procedures
• Helping to develop and execute a detailed marketing plan for site with support from the Management and Marketing team
• Understand, challenge and working within budgets for the site
• Marketing to ensure that all potential opportunities are identified and maximized
Work with other key staff to develop opportunities at site by:
• Building and maintaining good relationships with key parties; e.g. Craufurdland personnel, Insurers, HSE and Environmental Health Officers.
• Helping to identify and develop any and all opportunities which may benefit the site or site team
• Read and comply with the Company handbook and make recommendations as to how you, the site and Estate can be better
• Passionately promote, encourage and live by the company values and behaviours within all aspects of your role.
Full time position – £19,000- £22,000 p.a